Saturday, November 15, 2008

Final Project Progress Report - 1


I am working toward making a rough dummy and one finished digital illustration for a children's story book. I have been reading through two books: Illustrating Children's Books by Martin Salisbury, and Writing With Pictures by Uri Shulevitz. After reading some things in Shulevitz's book, I decided to revise my story. I pretty much rewrote the whole thing.  Publishers prefer a 32-page format for story/picture books, so that's what I am working with. I sketched out a 32-page story board, so I could map out  the way the story will fit onto the pages. The story board consists of thumbnail sketches of all of the 2-page spreads for the book. They are all laid out on one page. The story board also helps to organize where the illustrations will go. I have a small, very rough paper dummy to use as a model for my good rough paper dummy. I hope to complete the paper dummy this week, and begin scanning in the illustration sketches for the rough dummy using Adobe InDesign.

2 comments:

BlogBloke12 said...

The illustrations that you showed us in class were amazing. Just keep up the good work!!!Can't wait to see the final product

charlie post said...

Sound like a great project! I left before you showed us the pieces so I have no idea what they look like. Do you anticipate a problem getting them done in time?